Car insurance is a mandatory requirement, and there is no way to get away from it if you own a car. You need to ensure it is bought and renewed year over year, for the very least – to avoid fines. So, why not make good use of something compulsory by taking it in your stride? That is where comprehensive policies and add-ons come into place. Since comprehensive policies are more than the minimum requirement of third-party car insurance, they help enhance the policy coverage by extending it to insure damages for your car. It further includes theft and protection from natural perils too.
In addition to a comprehensive policy, some add-ons further extend the scope of a full designed to cover situations outside the purview of a comprehensive approach. For instance, engine damage is not covered by a comprehensive plan. The same is offered as an add-on feature. Similarly, the cost of consumables required is not part of comprehensive policies.. These add-ons are
Consumables are those parts that are often required to be replaced. These spares have limited life and specific use. Not all the consumables can be repaired, and hence they need replacement. Fluids and oils are an example of consumables used in your car. In addition, the nuts and bolts required, bearings and washers and classified as consumables.
When your vehicle goes in for repairs, these small costs in aggregate can round up a huge bill. So, with the help of a consumables add-on, you can make sure your insurance policy has you covered for these expenses. Here are some essential pointers to know about the consumables add-on cover:
- The consumables add-on is in addition to your base comprehensive car insurance policy. Hence, it would be best to meet a few conditions to raise a claim under this add-on.
- A claim under the consumables cover is accepted only if the damage is about an own-damage body in your comprehensive policy.
- Since this add-on enhances the coverage of your comprehensive policy, you are required to immediately report for any damages within the time limit stipulated for raising claims.
- Most general insurance companies offer this coverage for cars not older than five years.
- Since this coverage is an optional add-on, it impacts the car insurance premiums. Thus, you need to check how the tips are affected using tools like a when adding such add-on covers.
- To claim consumable spares, you need to have a valid driving license and PUC certificate. This requirement is just like claiming in ordinary cases.
- This add-on covers specific parts, and thus you should thoroughly read the policy terms before buying one.
- Claims under this add-on may be rejected if the driver is found to be under the influence of a toxic substance and for damages due to malicious driving.
With the following advantages of using a consumables add-on, get all your car insurance repairs covered. If you don’t have one, you may add it to your policy coverage at the time of too. Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.