Landscaping around your property does more than making it look good. It makes your yard and surroundings healthy again and provides an effective barrier against allergies due to dust and pollution. In terms of hardscaping elements such as walkways and ponds, they instantly increase your property value. To better illustrate better, I have categorized all the benefits in – health, environmental, and economic. Keep reading to know more in detail:
Health Benefits of Landscaping
On the basic level, greenery around your home impacts your physical health in numerous positive ways-
- A healthy landscape produces tons of oxygen and removes all kinds of harmful pollutants, smoke, and dust from the air. As a result, the air quality is improved, and you get to enjoy cleanliness in the air throughout the year.
- Spending some time out in nature, near the plants and trees, lowers your blood pressure and stress hormone levels – cortisol. This, in return, boosts your learning and memory, and weight loss and eliminates any heart ailments.
- Being outdoors has proven highly effective in reducing the body’s inflammation and most types of autoimmune disorders and irritable bowel syndrome. Not just this, studies have even indicated that there is more production of anti-cancer proteins in people who are more close to nature.
Economic Benefits of Landscaping
A new landscaping project offers some great economic benefits too-
- The most obvious advantage of having a well-planned landscape is that it instantly increases your home’s overall value. It makes your property look more attractive to potential buyers and fetch a better price compared to the ones that lack greenery.
- Another good thing about landscaping is that it acts as an insulating blanket around the home and drastically reduces its annual heating costs. Simultaneously, the trees provide commendable shade that keeps the home cooler and brings down the air conditioning expenses.
Environmental Benefits of Landscaping
A properly maintained home landscape contributes to environmental conservation in several ways-
- A sufficient tree cover reduces erosion, sediment losses, stormwater runoff, and local flooding by as much as 2-5%. Plus, the dust and other pollutants are easily filtered out of rainwater, further purifying the toxic soils in your backyard.
- The greenhouse effect is controlled by trees shading, leading to less energy usage and fossil fuel consumption. Just a single 10-year-old tree absorbs approximately 48 pounds of carbon per year. Also, there are no temperature extremes as the houses stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
- As far as the indoors are concerned, plants remove organic, volatile chemicals including ozone, sulfur dioxide, nitrogen dioxides, cadmium, lead, nickel, and chromium from the air inside and make the area fit living.
If you wish to experience some of these benefits for yourself, invest in expert services such as those offered by Transform Property Solutions.